Thursday, February 14, 2008

the one with eight years!

I woke up this morning to two wonderful surprises! Brian gave me some gorgeous gerber daisies (my favorite) and it snowed during the night! I took Latte out to play in the snow this morning before it melted away. What a nice way to start Valentine's Day!! Today marks the 8th anniversary of when I officially became Brian's girl. Eight years ago, we had gone on two dates and spent a lot of time flirting at church. Finally, after our Monday night Bible study on Valentine's Day, Brian gave me a red rose, a cute teddy bear, and a hershey's hug and kiss. He got very flustered and nervous and tried to ask me to be his girlfriend. After watching the poor guy suffer for a few minutes, I just said YES!! He hadn't even got the question out all the way. Luckily by the time he proposed to me six years later, he had had a little more practice talking to girls ( : I can't wait to be his wife in 23 days!!

light dusting of snow outside my apt

Latte sniffing the snow in her pink shirt

1 comment:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

Happy Dating Anniversary!! Happy Valentine's Day too!! Beautiful flowers, Brian did good!