Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the one with the bar application

Yesterday I finally mailed off my bar application!! This is a really big deal. The application has been on my To Do List since NOVEMBER. I can't even tell you how good it felt to cross that off. The application is a pretty scary thing. Its about 20 pages long, requires a handwriting sample, a picture, three notorized affidavits, extensive employment history, several character references, and multiple questions about my criminal background. Scary. Almost as scary as the three day exam awaiting me in August.

On a lighter note, the people at the post office were really nice to me. I had to send the application via certified mail, which I had never done before. After seeing that my packet was headed to the Texas Bar Examiners, she announced the the whole post office that I was going to be a lawyer. Then all the workers started telling me their lawyer stories and congratulating me and wishing me luck on the exam. The lady I was working with kept assuring me that they would make sure my application got there safely and that I had nothing to worry about. When I left, they all wished me luck and clapped. Too cute. I love it when strangers help you celebrate important moments in your life.

Cheers: to finding a good plane ticket to Jen's wedding!
Jeers: to only managing to get one or two workouts in per week, instead of my goal of four

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's really cute. Yay for the United States Postal Service workers.